Lost your job due to COVID-19?
Land at the American Underground.
a foundation for growth
Losing your job, particularly during the current crisis, can feel like freefall. But change, while unsettling, can also be an opportunity — and the American Underground has always been about opportunity. AU’s Landing Spot program provides you with the foundation, community support, and hands-on guidance to pursue entrepreneurship and launch your startup idea.
Through AU member-exclusive workshops and community groups, virtual social events, and the thriving AU Slack channel, you’ll find a supportive community of entrepreneurs who will cheer for your success.
All Landing Spot programs and events will be virtual-first.
gain skills and a network
Landing Spot participants will join Startups 101, a series of intro workshops and engaging speakers designed to provide a cross-functional insight into the world of entrepreneurship.
- “Idea to Action” with Chris Heivly, VP Innovation at TechStars
- “Customer Discovery” with John Austin, Senior Director at NC IDEA
- “Customer-driven Development” with Isaac Park, CEO at Pathos Ethos
- And more!
You should apply if…
- You recently lost your job due to COVID-19
- You have a startup idea you’d like to pursue
- You plan to invest meaningful time into your startup
- You intend to actively participate in the AU community
Applications closed on Tuesday, May 5.
Thank you to our sponsor!
The landing spot is sponsored by cloud infrastructure provider DigitalOcean
In addition to DigitalOcean sponsoring the membership of Landing Spot participants, all AU members are now eligible for the DigitalOcean Hatch program, which provides exclusive benefits and cloud credits to startups.